- An innovative solution for those who want a USB-C docking station in addition to securing their laptop or notebook
- Works with Windows PC's, Surface Laptop 3, and Surface Book 1 & 2; Windows PC’s need to have a USB-C port that can deliver power to the device (from the dock) as well as transmit video (to the dock); check your devices specifications, it should accept Power Delivery (PD) and be capable of DisplayPort Alt mode
- Provides 60W of laptop charging via PD 3.0; Dual DisplayPort++ ports support 2560x1440 @ 60Hz to a single monitor and 1920x1080 @ 60Hz to dual monitors; 2 USB-A Gen 1 ports and 2 USB-A Gen 2 ports; mic/headphone/speaker combo jack; gigabit ethernet port
- K-Fob electronic locking mechanism works with laptops 11-15" laptops; included cable tether can be looped to any fixed option and is locked when the locking arms are engaged; replacement k-fobs available if lost
Plug & Play
Provides a seamless docking station experience for supported Windows 10 systems.
Transfer data (up to 10Gbps), video, and audio while providing up to 60W of power delivery* to USB-C enabled laptops for a simple plug and play experience. *Supported USB-C devices with PD function only
Dual 1080P Video Outputs**
Two DisplayPort++ ports enable video output connections to external monitors, TVs or projectors for Windows users. **Host device must support Alt mode over USB-C; Only for Windows
Connect to peripheral accessories via two USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 ports (10Gbps;5V/0.9A), two USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 ports (5Gbps;5V/0.9A), one 1Gbps Ethernet port, and a combo 3.5mm audio in/out port.
K-Fob™ Smart Lock Technology
Combining encrypted security with the simplicity of keyless locking, Kensington’s K-Fob is the next generation of keying.
Professional Locking Design
Conforms to Kensington’s industry-leading testing standards for durability, reliability and tamper-resistance. Designed to provide unobstructed access to the laptop’s side ports so security doesn’t interfere with productivity. Does not require any laptop modifications.
Adjustable Security Arms
No tools are needed to easily adjust the station to fit 11”-15” thin and light laptops.
The laptop rests on cushioned bumpers along the back and base to protect it from cosmetic damage.
Flexible Security Options
The station can be secured to any fixed object using the removable tethered lock cable, or by using the built-in Kensington Security Slot with a cable lock, or permanently secured to a desktop using the pre-drilled mounting holes.
Register & Retrieve™
The industry-leading Register & Retrieve™ Lock Management Portal is a smart cloud-based platform for the management of all Kensington locks. Providing IT managers and users with individual accounts and on-demand access to support services, the simple key registration process helps ensure records stay up to date following personnel changes and offers free key replacements.
The LD4650P Single-User USB-C Dock with K-Fob™ Smart Lock combines Kensington’s thoroughly tested universal USB-C docking technology with next generation encrypted digital laptop locking technology to deliver a game-changing 2-in-1 docking and locking solution for Windows users. Get more compatibility and productivity while reducing laptop theft and improving compliance with corporate security protocols. Secures thin and light laptops 11-15” in size, including models from Dell, HP, Lenovo and other manufacturers.
- Best For: USB-C Laptops & Ultrabooks that support Power Delivery and Monitors that support up to 1080p
- Connection Technology: USB-C Alt Mode
- USB-C Power Delivery: Supports USB-C PD 3.0 (60W of laptop charging)
- Compatibility: Windows 10
- # of Monitors Supported: 2
- Video Output: 2 x DisplayPort++
- Maximum Resolution Supported: Single Monitor (2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz) and Dual Monitors (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz)
- Plug & Play installation without need for drivers or downloads
- System Requirements: Host device must support Power Delivery and DisplayPort Alt mode over USB-C
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Apple M1 - While this docking station will work with the M1 MacBook, only a single video output is supported. For multi-monitor support on your M1 MacBook, see our Hybrid USB-C DisplayLink docking stations (ex: SD4700P, SD4750P, SD4780P or SD4900P) or USB-A DisplayLink adapters (DisplayPort K33989, HDMI K33988, DVI-I K33974).
- Connection Technology USB-C Alt Mode
Additional Screen Outputs2
Number of USB Ports4
USB Fast ChargingNo
Docking Station FamilyThe Innovator
Best ForUSB-C Laptops & Ultrabooks that support Power Delivery and Monitors that support up to 1080p
Lock TypeStandard Keyed
USB-A Ports4 x USB-A 3.2 Ports (back) supporting 5V/0.9A (2 x up to 5Gbps and 2 x up to 10Gbps)
USB-C Ports1 x: USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (rear) with up to 5V/3A
Audio1 x 3.5mm Combo Microphone & Headphone Port (rear)
Data Transfer SpeedsSupports up to 10Gbps data transfer speed
Ethernet Speed (Mbps)1000, 100, 10
Maximum Resolution SupportedSingle Monitor 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz and Dual Monitors 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
Mounting OptionOptional - permanently secure using the desktop mounting holes
Plug & PlayPlug & Play installation without need for drivers or downloads
Security Slot CompatibilityProduct includes tethered security cable and optional built-in Kensington Security Slot
System RequirementsHost device must support Power Delivery and DisplayPort Alt mode over USB-C
USB-C Power DeliverySupports USB-C PD 3.0 (60W of laptop charging)
Video Output2 x DisplayPort++
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.